MBA. BA Communications. Experienced manager with strengths in sales, marketing, strategy, and leadership. Extroverted, decisive, highly effective, self-motivated, self-managed, customer-focused, multidisciplinary, and powered by values. Organized. Focused. Driven.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA), HEC Montréal, 2020 – CGPA 4.06
• Elected representative: VP Academic Affairs, 2019-2020. Student leader, organizing events and learning opportunities and advocating for student success.
• Managed the academic response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Focused on business strategy, marketing, sustainable development, and CSR.
• Selected to represent the school in Corporate Social Responsibility case competition.
Awards and Honours:
• Membre le Plus Dévoué (Most Devoted Member – AEMBA), 2019-2020.
• 2e Place, Bénévole Féminin de L’Année (Female Volunteer of the Year), 2019-2020.
• MBA Promotion 1985 Scholarship.
Bachelor of Arts with Distinction, Simon Fraser University, 2013 – CGPA 3.94
• Major Communications, minor Political Science.
Awards and Honours:
• Dean’s List, President’s Honour Roll. Nominated for Valedictorian.
• Ken Caple Scholarship, Undergraduate Open Scholarships
select work experience.
Peau de Loup, Noble Motives Collective Inc. – Vancouver, BC, 2018 – 2019
- 2018 – 2019: Brand Manager
- Marketing strategy, brand voice, and business development for ethical fashion label.
- Managed retail, e-commerce, and wholesale operations and relationships.
- Creative directed photoshoots and marketing materials.
- Acted as brand spokesperson and media liaison.
- Developed and executed strategy for AdWords, Instagram, Facebook, and earned media.
- Increased followership (+80%), engagement (+65%), and conversion rate (+65%).
- Increased sales by 100% year-over-year (YoY).
Hawksworth Restaurant Group – Vancouver, BC, 2015 – 2018
- 2017 – 2018: Catering and Events Manager
- 2015 – 2017: Events Coordinator
- Managed 20-30/week complex short- and long-term projects simultaneously to deadlines.
- Planned events for up to 500 guests, including developing documentation, subcontracting vendors, and managing all stages of production for corporate, social, and charity clientele.
- Drove sales with a combination of cold calling, strategic targeting, and networking.
- Tracked budget goals and developed department-wide financial and resource reports.
- Co-led a catering staff of approximately 40 individuals.
- Managed up to ~$170,000++ in business per month, over $1.2m annually, carrying up to 50% more volume per month than my colleagues.
- Led the corporate catering division to consistent 15%+ YoY growth.
- Streamlined systems and developed policy to improve operations and increase capacity.
- Planned thousands of successful events with budgets up to $100,000++.
Nuba Restaurant Group, Nuba Restaurant in Kitsilano – Vancouver, BC, 2012 – 2015
- 2014 – 2015: Assistant General Manager and Events Coordinator
- 2012 – 2014: Restaurant Manager and Events Coordinator
- 2012: Hostess, Server, Supervisor
- Took initiative to learn advanced functions of POS software to generate custom data; used evidence-based analysis to reduce labour and procedural inefficiencies and increase customer satisfaction and employee wellness.
- Developed event program and policies.
- Managed a staff of approximately 30, including acquisition, training, scheduling, and performance management.
- Achieved sales growth of 20% YoY; exceeded sales targets.
- Planned hundreds of successful events for groups up to 180, budgets up to $15,000++.
- Authored a company-wide Human Resources program with a focus on sustainable growth.
Mischief Catering – Owner and General Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2010 – 2013
Shear Comfort Ltd – Web Team Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2008 – 2010
Adbusters Magazine – Web Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2007
Invoke Media – Project Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2006 – 2007
select volunteer experience.
2019 – 2020: VP Academic Affairs, HEC Montréal MBA Student Association – Elected
- Student representative responsible for advocating for student needs to the administration and facilitating opportunities for academic enrichment and success for approximately 300 MBA students.
2017 – 2019: Board Member, Mabel Fastpitch Softball League – Elected
- 2017 – 2018: Public Relations and Events
- 2018 – 2019: Scheduling and Statistics
- Planned and executed tournaments and events and managed social media and communications, developed complex schedules for 17-team softball league as well as general government of 200-person non-profit organization according to bylaws and constitution.
2017 – 2018: Director of Communications and Special Events, Earper Homestead Convention Canada
- Founding executive board member responsible for producing a large-scale event in Toronto, Ontario in August 2018 for 500 guests, including celebrity VIPs. Designed and executed all programming, scheduling, budgeting, marketing, and strategy. Managed over $250,000 cash flow over the course of the event.
- Adobe Creative Suite; Google AdWords and Analytics; social media advertising.
- Microsoft Office; Google Suite; Teams and Drive; Slack, Asana, WordPress, Shopify, more.
- Superior, confident oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated strength in translating complex technical information for stakeholders.
- Seasoned leader who unites team members, identifying strengths to elevate performance.
- Action-oriented, fast-paced critical thinker with excellent time management skills.