MBA. PMP. BA Communications. Experienced manager with strengths in sales, marketing, strategy, and leadership. Extroverted, decisive, highly effective, self-motivated, self-managed, customer-focused, multidisciplinary, and powered by values. Organized. Focused. Driven.
Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute, 2020
• Passed exam with “Above Target” status in all knowledge areas after qualifying with 4,500 hours of professional project management work.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA), HEC Montréal, 2020 – CGPA 4.06
• Elected representative: VP Academic Affairs, 2019-2020. Student leader, organizing events and learning opportunities and advocating for student success.
• Managed the academic response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Focused on business strategy, marketing, sustainable development, and CSR.
• Selected to represent the school in Corporate Social Responsibility case competition.
Awards and Honours:
• Membre le Plus Dévoué (Most Devoted Member – AEMBA), 2019-2020.
• 2e Place, Bénévole Féminin de L’Année (Female Volunteer of the Year), 2019-2020.
• MBA Promotion 1985 Scholarship.
Bachelor of Arts with Distinction, Simon Fraser University, 2013 – CGPA 3.94
• Major Communications, minor Political Science.
Awards and Honours:
• Dean’s List, President’s Honour Roll. Nominated for Valedictorian.
• Ken Caple Scholarship, Undergraduate Open Scholarships
select work experience.
Fresh Prep Foods, Inc. – Vancouver, BC, 2021 – Present
- 2021 – Present: Strategy and Operations Manager
- Development and management of special projects relating to streamlining the delivery and logistics arm of BC’s favourite meal kit company, including fleet investment, customer communications, contractor compensation, etc.
Peau de Loup, Noble Motives Collective Inc. – Vancouver, BC, 2018 – 2019
- 2018 – 2019: Brand Manager
- Marketing strategy, brand voice, and business development for ethical fashion label.
- Managed retail, e-commerce, and wholesale operations and relationships.
- Creative directed photoshoots and marketing materials.
- Acted as brand spokesperson and media liaison.
- Developed and executed strategy for AdWords, Instagram, Facebook, and earned media.
- Increased followership (+80%), engagement (+65%), and conversion rate (+65%).
- Increased sales by 100% year-over-year (YoY).
Hawksworth Restaurant Group – Vancouver, BC, 2015 – 2018
- 2017 – 2018: Catering and Events Manager
- 2015 – 2017: Events Coordinator
- Managed 20-30/week complex short- and long-term projects simultaneously to deadlines.
- Planned events for up to 500 guests, including developing documentation, subcontracting vendors, and managing all stages of production for corporate, social, and charity clientele.
- Drove sales with a combination of cold calling, strategic targeting, and networking.
- Tracked budget goals and developed department-wide financial and resource reports.
- Co-led a catering staff of approximately 40 individuals.
- Managed up to ~$170,000++ in business per month, over $1.2m annually, carrying up to 50% more volume per month than my colleagues.
- Led the corporate catering division to consistent 15%+ YoY growth.
- Streamlined systems and developed policy to improve operations and increase capacity.
- Planned thousands of successful events with budgets up to $100,000++.
Nuba Restaurant Group, Nuba Restaurant in Kitsilano – Vancouver, BC, 2012 – 2015
- 2014 – 2015: Assistant General Manager and Events Coordinator
- 2012 – 2014: Restaurant Manager and Events Coordinator
- 2012: Hostess, Server, Supervisor
- Took initiative to learn advanced functions of POS software to generate custom data; used evidence-based analysis to reduce labour and procedural inefficiencies and increase customer satisfaction and employee wellness.
- Developed event program and policies.
- Managed a staff of approximately 30, including acquisition, training, scheduling, and performance management.
- Achieved sales growth of 20% YoY; exceeded sales targets.
- Planned hundreds of successful events for groups up to 180, budgets up to $15,000++.
- Authored a company-wide Human Resources program with a focus on sustainable growth.
Mischief Catering – Owner and General Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2010 – 2013
Shear Comfort Ltd – Web Team Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2008 – 2010
Adbusters Magazine – Web Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2007
Invoke Media – Project Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2006 – 2007
select volunteer experience.
2019 – 2020: VP Academic Affairs, HEC Montréal MBA Student Association – Elected
- Student representative responsible for advocating for student needs to the administration and facilitating opportunities for academic enrichment and success for approximately 300 MBA students.
2017 – 2019, 2020 – Present: Board Member, Mabel Fastpitch Softball League – Elected
- 2017 – 2018: Public Relations and Events
- 2018 – 2019: Scheduling and Statistics
- 2020 – 2021: Co-chair
- Planned and executed tournaments and events and managed social media and communications, developed complex schedules for 17-team softball league as well as general government of 200-person non-profit organization according to bylaws and constitution.
2017 – 2018: Director of Communications and Special Events, Earper Homestead Convention Canada
- Founding executive board member responsible for producing a large-scale event in Toronto, Ontario in August 2018 for 500 guests, including celebrity VIPs. Designed and executed all programming, scheduling, budgeting, marketing, and strategy. Managed over $250,000 cash flow over the course of the event.
- Adobe Creative Suite; Google AdWords and Analytics; social media advertising.
- Microsoft Office; Google Suite; Teams and Drive; Slack, Asana, WordPress, Shopify, more.
- Superior, confident oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated strength in translating complex technical information for stakeholders.
- Seasoned leader who unites team members, identifying strengths to elevate performance.
- Action-oriented, fast-paced critical thinker with excellent time management skills.