Select Work Experience
Peau de Loup, Noble Motives Collective Inc. – Brand Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2018 – 2019
- Strategized marketing, branding, and business development for niche ethical fashion brand.
- Managed retail operations, including e-commerce, wholesale relationships, and custom fittings.
- Directed photoshoots and managed press kit, media requests, and interviews.
- Planned and executed multi-platform social media strategy, increasing followership (+80%), engagement (+65%), and conversion rate (+65%).
- Increased sales by 100% over previous year and created action plan for continued success.
Hawksworth Restaurant Group – Vancouver, BC, 2015 – 2018
- 2015 – 2017: Events Coordinator
- 2017 – 2018: Catering and Events Manager
- Managed 20-30+ complex short- and long-term projects simultaneously, each week, to deadlines.
- Planned events for up to 500 guests, including developing complex documentation, subcontracting vendors, and managing all stages of production for corporate, social, and charity clients.
- Drove sales with a combination of cold calling, strategic targeting, and networking.
- Tracked budget goals and developed financial and resource reports for entire department.
- Received repeated recognition for excellent customer service from clients and management.
- Co-led a catering staff of approximately 40 individuals.
- Led the corporate catering division to consistent 15%+ year-over-year growth.
- Managed up to ~$170,000++ sales/month, over $1.2m annually
- Streamlined systems and developed policy to improve operations, increasing sales capacity.
- Led my department in sales every month, managing up to 50% more project volume.
Nuba Restaurant Group, Nuba Restaurant in Kitsilano – Vancouver, BC, 2012 – 2015
- 2012: Hostess, Server, Supervisor
- 2012 – 2014: Restaurant Manager and Events Coordinator
- 2014 – 2015: Assistant General Manager and Events Coordinator
- Analysed costs and financials weekly to improve food costs, manage labour, and drive profit.
- Handled marketing, promotions, and events including community philanthropy.
- Managed all aspects of this busy 150-seat restaurant and its staff of about 30 individuals.
- Achieved sales growth of 20% year-over-year; set my own targets and oversold them.
- Planned hundreds of successful events for groups up to 180, with budgets up to $15,000++.
- Authored a company-wide Human Resources program with a focus on sustainable growth.
Mischief Catering – Owner and General Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2010 – 2013
- Press including the Vancouver Sun, the Globe & Mail, 24h Magazine, The Georgia Straight.
Shear Comfort Ltd – Web Team Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2008 – 2010
Adbusters Magazine – Web Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2007
Invoke Media – Project Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2006 – 2007