MBA. BA Communications. Seasoned manager with strengths in sales/marketing, strategy, and leadership. Extroverted and decisive, powered by values, and highly independent. Organized. Focused. Driven.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA), HEC Montréal, 2020 – CGPA 3.6
- Elected student representative: VP Academic Affairs, 2019-2020.
- #3 MBA in Canada, three times internationally-accredited.
- Generalist program; focused on business strategy, marketing, sustainable development, and corporate social responsibility.
- Chosen to represent the school in International Case Competition: Défi RSE – CSR Challenge.
- Student leader as VP Academic, organizing events and learning opportunities and advocating for student success as well as participating in governance.
Bachelor of Arts (Communication) with Distinction, Simon Fraser University, 2013 – CGPA 3.94
- Minor: Political Science; Dean’s List, President’s Honour Roll.
select work experience.
Peau de Loup, Noble Motives Collective Inc. – Brand Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2018 – 2019
- Strategized marketing, branding, and business development for niche ethical fashion brand.
- Managed retail operations, including e-commerce and wholesale.
- Creative directed photoshoots and managed press kit, media requests, and interviews.
- Planned and executed multi-platform social media strategy, increasing followership (+80%), engagement (+65%), and conversion rate (+65%).
- Increased sales by 100% over previous year and created action plan for continued success.
Hawksworth Restaurant Group – Vancouver, BC, 2015 – 2018
- 2015 – 2017: Events Coordinator
- 2017 – 2018: Catering and Events Manager
- Managed 20-30+ complex short- and long-term projects simultaneously, each week, to deadlines.
- Planned events for up to 500 guests, including developing complex documentation, subcontracting vendors, and managing all stages of production for corporate, social, and charity clients.
- Drove sales with a combination of cold calling, strategic targeting, and networking.
- Tracked budget goals and developed financial and resource reports for entire department.
- Received repeated recognition for excellent customer service from clients and management.
- Co-led a catering staff of approximately 40 individuals.
- Led the corporate catering division to consistent 15%+ year-over-year growth.
- Managed up to ~$170,000++ sales/month, over $1.2m annually
- Streamlined systems and developed policy to improve operations, increasing sales capacity.
- Led my department in sales every month, managing up to 50% more project volume than my colleagues.
Nuba Restaurant Group, Nuba Restaurant in Kitsilano – Vancouver, BC, 2012 – 2015
- 2012: Hostess, Server, Supervisor
- 2012 – 2014: Restaurant Manager and Events Coordinator
- 2014 – 2015: Assistant General Manager and Events Coordinator
- Analysed costs and financials weekly to improve food costs, manage labour, and drive profit.
- Handled marketing, promotions, and events including community philanthropy.
- Developed event program and policies.
- Managed a staff of about 30, including staff acquisition, training, scheduling, and performance management,
- Achieved sales growth of 20% year-over-year; set my own targets and oversold them.
- Planned hundreds of successful events for groups up to 180, with budgets up to $15,000++.
- Authored a company-wide Human Resources program with a focus on sustainable growth.
Mischief Catering – Owner and General Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2010 – 2013
- Press including the Vancouver Sun, the Globe & Mail, 24h Magazine, The Georgia Straight.
Shear Comfort Ltd – Web Team Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2008 – 2010
Adbusters Magazine – Web Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2007
Invoke Media – Project Manager – Vancouver, BC, 2006 – 2007
select volunteer experience.
2019 – 2020: VP Academic Affairs, HEC Montréal MBA Student Association – Elected
- Elected student representative responsible for advocating for student needs to the administration and facilitating opportunities for academic enrichment and success for approximately 300 MBA students.
2017 – 2019: Board Member, Mabel Fastpitch Softball League – Elected
- 2017 – 2018: Public Relations and Events
- 2018 – 2019: Scheduling and Statistics
- Planned and executed tournaments and events and managed social media and communications, developed complex schedules for 17-team softball league as well as general government of 200-person non-profit organization according to bylaws and constitution.
2017 – 2018: Director of Communications and Special Events, Earper Homestead Convention Canada
- Founding executive board member responsible for producing a large-scale event in Toronto, Ontario in August 2018 for 500 guests, including celebrity VIPs. Designed and executed all programming, scheduling, budgeting, marketing, and strategy. Managed over $250,000 cash flow over the course of the event.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, advanced Excel including pivot tables, formulas, budgets, graphing, etc.
- Advanced Adobe Photoshop, good inDesign and Creative Suite
- Advanced Google Suite, including Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail
- Advanced software skills including social media, project management software, sales POS systems, hospitality software; includes but is not limited to Slack, Asana, Shopify, WordPress, and more
- Typing speed 100+ WPM, generally advanced hardware and software skills and learning capability